The Hospital Clínico San Carlos of the Servicio Madrileño de Salud is working on musculoskeletal disease care-flow. A care flow affected by issues like high prevalence, high burden of disease due to disability and chronicity, in which patients follow a clinical pathway fragmented between primary and specialized care and between specialities.
The use case aims at gathering clinical and operational insights to improve on the following aspects, tasks and processes:
- referral to the right care at the right time,
- reduction of unnecessary care loops for the patient,
- eliminate redundancies between the actions of health professionals,
- staff resources’ planning and allocation and
- measure the quality of care and impact on disability.